404 is dedicated to providing the highest quality SUP boards with the uncompromised goal of performance.
The story of 404 first started at the 2009 Battle of the Paddle. Greg Jensen, a former professional surfer and shaper, and Danny Ching, a world-renowned outrigger paddler, met and decided to join forces. The two believe that the complement of a knowledgeable shaper and someone who could test the limits of board design, would only lead to the best available SUP products on the market.
Fast-forward to the present, and stand up paddling is far more than just one type of paddling. 404’s roots are in racing, but quickly embraced the diversity of SUP and vows that every paddler, no matter ability or activity, deserves the highest quality of boards to help them achieve their best performance possible.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Release of Liability, Claim Waiver and Assumption of Risk Agreement
Release and Waiver of Claims Agreement
In consideration of your use of this product, you hereby agree to the following, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
1) To waive any and all claims that you have or may in the future have against 404 LLC, or any of its agents, resulting from use of this product and any of its components;
2) To release 404 LLC, or any of its agents from any and all liability from any loss, damage, injury or expense that you or any users of this product may suffer, or that your next of kin may suffer, as a result of the use of this product, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence or breach of contract on the part of 404 LLC, or any of its agents, in the design or manufacture of this product.
In further consideration of the sale to you of this product and any of its components, you hereby agree to submit to binding arbitration any and all claims, which you believe you may have against 404 LLC, or any of its agents, arising from the use of any of the 404 LLC, products. The arbitration shall be pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
Arbitration shall be commenced within one (1) year from the date on which any alleged claim first arose. Further, the arbitration shall be held in Orange County, California unless otherwise mutually agreed to by all parties. The submission to the American Arbitration Association shall be limited and the arbitration award may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
Binding Effect of Agreement
In the event of your death or incapacity, this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives.
In entering into this Agreement, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations other than what is set forth in this agreement and User’s Guide.
Assumption of Risk
By purchasing, using and assembling this product, you are agreeing to:
1) Be bound to the terms set forth below; and
2) Require anyone using this product to be bound by such terms.
If you are unwilling to be bound by these terms, return this product before use for a full refund. Use of this product and any of its components involves certain inherent risks, dangers and hazards, which can result in serious personal injury and death. In using this product you freely agree to assume and accept any and all known and unknown risks of injury while using this equipment. The risks inherent in the sport can be greatly reduced by abiding to the Warning and Safety Precautions listed in this User Guide and using common sense.
Warning and Safety Precautions
1) Stand-up Paddling is a dangerous sport. Use of this product exposes the user to unexpected risks, dangers and hazards.
2) Always use extreme caution when using this product. Never act in a careless manner when using this product. Misuse of this product may result in serious injury or death.
3) Only use this product if you are in good physical health, and know how to swim.
4) You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others around you when using this product.
5) If you are under the age of 18, you must have a legal guardian read these warnings and safety precautions. Do not use this product without adult supervision.
6) Do not use this product if you are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medications.
Important safety rules:
1) Before using this product, the user should take lessons from a certified school. This product should not be used by anyone who is not experienced with stand-up paddling.
2) Always wear a Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device when using this product. This product is not a personal flotation device.
3) Never use this product without a proper surf leash. A loose stand-up board in the water is extremely dangerous to you, and everyone around you. Failure to use a surf leash may result in serious injury or death.
4) Examine your surf leash after each use, and replace it if you see any sign of wear.
5) Always wear a helmet and booties when using this product.
6) Always paddle with an experienced partner when using this product.
Weather condition & location warnings:
1) Always observe Coast Guard rules and regulations when using this product.
2) Never use this product in offshore wind conditions.
3) Never use this product in more than 10 knots of wind. Using this product in windy conditions may result in serious injury or death.
4) Use caution when carrying this product. Carrying the board in windy conditions may result in serious injury to yourself and others around you.
5) Never use this product in thunderstorms and lightning conditions.
6) Never use this product in conditions that are beyond your ability (such as, but not limited to, high surf, riptides, currents, or river rapids).
7) Never use this product near other boat traffic, or watercrafts.
8) Never use this product near crowded beaches or waters.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING POLICY
In order to receive credit for shipping damage, please follow the instructions below. For questions regarding damaged shipments, please contact Customer Service, 949 366 0490
- Check and inspect all surfboards upon delivery for damages to the outer/inner packaging and the board prior to signing the Freight Bill of Lading. Failure to do this will result in denial of any claim without compensation for shipping damages.
- If damage to shipment is found, please document by writing on the Bill Of Lading provided by the shipping company at time of receipt, OR instruct the delivery driver to report it damaged. Document any damages in detail.
- Note any crease, bend or tear visible on the packaging. I.E. “All boxes have visible damage” should be written on the bill of lading. Even noting the crease from the rocker is acceptable.
- DO NOT refuse any portion of the shipment at any time. If a board has any damage whatsoever, please accept the shipment after noting the damages and contact our 404’s Shipping Dept – 949 366 0490 If the driver refuses to wait while you inspect shipment mark “damaged driver would not wait to inspect”.
- Repairable damage – Pressure dings, scratches, scuff or other minor damage will be assessed for local repair and appropriate compensation will be provided. Contact Customer Service a for case-by-case evaluation, who will help coordinate with your regional repair shop and issue an invoice credit.
- If the damage is severe or irreparable, 404 LLC will issue you a Return Authorization Number and will coordinate the pickup of the damaged item.
- Returns are not allowed without an issued Return Authorization number from 404 LLC.
- All damages need to have a photo of the damage and serial number from the bottom of the board. Please have this ready before you call customer service.
404 LLC provides the highest level of shipping and claims service in the industry. We do everything in our power to assure the safe and prompt delivery of your boards. In the instance of shipping damage, the above requirements must be met in order to qualify for claim reimbursement.